Kumimi was a beautiful woman with shoulder-length light-brown hair, light brown eyes and a bright smile that she had passed down to Nanami Momozono.
Kumimi and Nanami bear the same striking resemblance to each other as their smiles and eyes are both very similar, but the only difference is their hair color and eye color:
- Kumimi's hair color and eye color is in a lighter brown color.
- Nanami's hair color and eye color is in a darker brown color.
Kumimi stated to Nanami Momozono that for generations her family has picked the worst men. She also states that her family can only give birth to a single healthy baby girl because her family ancestor drank from a "divine spring", which turned her into a beautiful girl. In VIZ translation, the cause was slightly different as it was a god who gave a medicine to Kumimi's ancestor who drank it and became beautiful.
Kumimi had died from a unknown disease and left Nanami to be responsible for the household, plus Nanami's Father of keeping him in check.
Mr. Momozono is Kumimi's husband who always left the house to go gambling and left his wife to tend to the bills, in which Kumimi got mad everytime he spent all of the household money on gambling.
Kumimi had deeply affected and greatly influenced her daughter into an independent person. She and Nanami had shared a striking resemblance with each other.
- "Never trust papa, never tell him where the money is even if he begs you" (Telling Nanami Momozono about Nanami's Father)
- "Grow up and be as healthy as mama, grow up and become an adult on your own". (About her husband) (To Nanami)
- Kumimi's surname Momozono means "peach" (桃) (momo) and "garden, park, plantation" (園) (sono/zono), which literally means "peach orchard".